There is something simply perfect about a well made Lava Cake... with it's crunchy exterior and melted chocolate center... you will feel like you are being transported to heaven...and it's also surprisingly easy to make, here's all you need to do:
-100 gr Fairtrade Dark Chocolate
- 100 gr Butter (plus a bit for the ramekins)
- 2 free range eggs
- 90 gr Fairtrade sugar
- 4 teaspoons (or so) of cocoa powder (unsweetened if you have it)
- 100 gr plain flour
2) Break the chocolate into pieces and melt it with the butter in the microwave. Do it for 30 second blasts, stir well in between them to make sure you don't burn the chocolate.
5) Add the chocolate mixture when cool and whisk again.
8) Place the ramekins in the oven for 15 minutes.
Decorate with some Fairtrade icing sugar and some strawberries, serve cut open and enjoy the lovely chocolate lava in the middle!!!
Oh yes, leave me stranded in an island with this type of volcano anytime!